Sunday, September 15, 2013

ATS Furry Friends Blog Hop

Welcome to the Furry Friends Blog Hop brought to you by the All that Stickles design team!


Cute, cuddly, soft, and sweet, having a pet is quite the treat! This month we are honoring our furry friends with a dash of Stickles!

 If you have just come across the hop and are looking to start at the beginning, please visit All that Stickles. If you've come from Chas's blog, you're in the right place.

If you've ever stopped at my blog, you've probably seen pics and read stories of my fur herd. Mr. Gears and I share our home with seven cats. At one point we had NINE (all house cats) and I vowed to never reach double digits. It's not easy when both adults are softies for any sad cat story. I believe the technical term for a group of cats is a clowder, but we coined the term Fur Herd. Trust me, with that many furry feet in a house there is fur EVERYWHERE.

I picked up this cute frame at a thrift store for a buck and couldn't decide what photo I would put in it. How can I choose just one from that line up at the top of the blog? The frame was pretty one note with the designs etched in, kind of like a fake marble surface.
The window is 2" x 3" so there's no way I could display all fur herd members in the frame. When I found the verse on TLC Creations site, I knew it would be perfect for my frame. I used Stickles to glam up the frame and now I have a sweet decoration for the kids to knock off the shelf. :o)
I added a layer of Stardust Stickles over the letters in CATS for some sparkle.
I'm primarily a card person so creating decorative items doesn't always come easy to me. Want to know what I love about Stickles? Oh wait, that would become a 10 page post, let me rephrase, know what ONE of my favorite things about Stickles is? They are SO versatile. You can add them to just about anything for a bit of texture and LOTS of sparkle.
 I added Stickles to some of the designs in the frame and love how they turned out. All I had to to was squeeze and trace the existing lines. If you go slow and squeeze consistently, you can achieve a nice solid line. Above I used Cinnamon Stickles on the cat, Gold on the eyes, and Cotton Candy on the heart, nose and ears.
I changed it up and only added Orange Peel Stickles to this cat's stripes, eyes and ears the same, and threw in some Aqua Stickles on the fish bones.
 I used Gunmetal Stickles on this cat's spots, Platinum Stickles on the paw and Thistle Stickles on the word love.
More Platinum Stickles on the MEOW, Stardust Stickles on the mouse, Silver Stickles scratch marks and Black Diamond, Green and Cotton Candy Stickles on the kitty face.

We have blog candy for those who are a follower of All that Stickles and leave a comment on every stop of the hop! Winners will be announced Wednesday September 18th at All that Stickles.

$15 Gift Certificate


2 Itty Bitty Stamps

10 Digis of Winner's Choice
Your next stop is Cathie's blog.

Here's the complete lineup:
Thanks for hopping! :) Don't forget to check out our Fall Harvest Linky Party!

Inspiration


Ins and Outs ~ Kitty Frame
Stamps: TLC Verse
Paper: SU Whisper White
Ink: Laser Printer
Accessories: Thrift store frame; Stickles (Cotton Candy, Gunmetal, Orange Peel, Green, Cinnamon, Black Diamond, Platinum, Thistle, Stardust, Aqua, Silver)

16 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Cathy. That sentiment is great isn't it - I have it too but haven't managed to find the right occasion for it. It works so perfectly for the frame and your fur herd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you drew the cats and fish bones with Stickles!! How cute and the sentiment - CUTE!! hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this??? It is too cute. :) Just love the sentiment, too ..... it is just purrfect!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great project!! I love the sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your project and that sentiment is so true. But we just have one kitty at our house, she doesn't share that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of a TLC sentiment. It looks good in the frame. I really like the fishbones. They make it really cute. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH You're so right! I am ready to adopt a second cat... only if hubby let's me...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable, and I love the phrase. I totally agree, and it also applies to dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute idea..
    great hopping with you..
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love the way you drew with Stickles. That's brilliant. Fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just became a follower ! Very cute project !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome project! Absolutely purr-fect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. L-O-V-E THIS!!!!!!!

    We are totally cat people in our family. We have 5 that are indoor-outdoor and 15 that are outside only. Good thing we live in the country and hubby is a vet!! :)
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty creation. Love all the added bling.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love this!!! I am a cat person too and this would be great in my home as well. Very creative! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer